Previous Gina McMurtrey Interiors Blog Posts
Posts Tagged ‘real estate’
It’s been an incredible year! I am so very thankful for the wonderful opportunities I’ve had to work with some great clients and on fun projects. Designing award-winning rooms is only as good as those who implement the plan, and I am so thankful for a reliable team of contractors and subcontractors in whom both I and the client can communicate well with and feel confident in their skill.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to the following individuals and companies who brought our plans into being:
• Bob Scranton, Scranton Construction
• Craig Sloan, CAS Builders
CARPET, GRANITE, TILE & STONE
• Aaron Paddock, The Carpet Shoppe
• Jim Getek, Quality Tile (Installer)
CABINETRY & CLOSET
• Richard Dudden, Mudpuppy
• Matt Elliott, Elliott Painting
• Sarah Huffman, Faux Painting
• Amanda Satterlee, The Lighthouse Gallery
• Darellene Sosebee, Southern Materials (Plumbing Fixtures)
• Gavyn Sky (Original Art)
I get this question a lot, “What are you seeing as the trend in homes today?” While current interior design trends are featured in numerous magazines, blogs and websites, it’s great to see projections on what we can see in in the home building market in the coming years. Some of these 8 Influential Home Design Trends, which were featured on the incredible site, Houzz … can be incorporated into existing homes during a remodel, but like many things, it’s best to bring these trends (and I see them as being long lasting) in at the very beginning.
The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) identified these eight trends through their “Best in American Living Awards (BALA)”. I especially appreciate that these awards acknowledge that good design “is not and should not be limited to high-priced and custom homes.”
YES! Finally! This is precisely why my mission statement is “I believe EVERY home can be beautiful, regardless of size, style or budget.”
This slide show features photos of the BALA Award Winners’ interiors (and exteriors) which highlight the eight home design trends:
1. Classic, yet contemporary
2. Outdoor spaces as an extension of living space
3. Good, cost-effective design
4. The family triangle
5. Multigenerational living
6. Kitchen entertaining with a view
7. Green design elements that consumers understand and want
8. Less land development, more focus on multifamily
If you’re considering a remodel, are planning to build a new home, or are even preparing your home to sell….bookmark this page! Contact me for a consultation on how you can achieve more efficient use of space, materials, and function in your project!
At the HBA Home Show this weekend, I rounded a corner of fancy glass sinks and wicked shower heads to find a vibrating disco bathtub. Yep. You heard me. A vibrating disco tub. It’s the Kohler® Fountainhead® Vibracoustic Bath 8 (offered at Southern Materials of Springfield) and it’s pretty stinking cool.
And that’s me sitting in it at the show. I couldn’t resist.
All kidding aside… it’s not like you’re going to have a wave pool in your own bathroom, but you will have an amazing spa experience with this state-of-the-art-tub. It’s nice and deep and offers smooth and soft curves that make it super comfortable (one of those bonuses that you learn by actually sitting in the tub you want to purchase.)
Check out all these amazing features:
- Preset, original music, composed in collaboration with a renowned sound therapist, engages and awakens the mind
- Sound vibration envelops the body and encourages your breath and heart rate to synchronize with a slower rhythm
- Chromatherapy, a repeating sequence of soothing colored lights, is choreographed with music to provide a holistic approach to profound relaxations
- Generous, ergonomic bathing well allows you to float freely while feeling safe and secure
- Contoured head pocket allows bather to comfortably rest his or her neck
- Two Massaging pulse experience provides a more intensive physical vibration massage that can be varied to the desired level
Want an amazing home spa?
Contact me today to schedule an in-home consultation!