Previous Gina McMurtrey Interiors Blog Posts
Posts Tagged ‘style’
It’s been an incredible year! I am so very thankful for the wonderful opportunities I’ve had to work with some great clients and on fun projects. Designing award-winning rooms is only as good as those who implement the plan, and I am so thankful for a reliable team of contractors and subcontractors in whom both I and the client can communicate well with and feel confident in their skill.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to the following individuals and companies who brought our plans into being:
• Bob Scranton, Scranton Construction
• Craig Sloan, CAS Builders
CARPET, GRANITE, TILE & STONE
• Aaron Paddock, The Carpet Shoppe
• Jim Getek, Quality Tile (Installer)
CABINETRY & CLOSET
• Richard Dudden, Mudpuppy
• Matt Elliott, Elliott Painting
• Sarah Huffman, Faux Painting
• Amanda Satterlee, The Lighthouse Gallery
• Darellene Sosebee, Southern Materials (Plumbing Fixtures)
• Gavyn Sky (Original Art)
At the HBA Home Show this weekend, I rounded a corner of fancy glass sinks and wicked shower heads to find a vibrating disco bathtub. Yep. You heard me. A vibrating disco tub. It’s the Kohler® Fountainhead® Vibracoustic Bath 8 (offered at Southern Materials of Springfield) and it’s pretty stinking cool.
And that’s me sitting in it at the show. I couldn’t resist.
All kidding aside… it’s not like you’re going to have a wave pool in your own bathroom, but you will have an amazing spa experience with this state-of-the-art-tub. It’s nice and deep and offers smooth and soft curves that make it super comfortable (one of those bonuses that you learn by actually sitting in the tub you want to purchase.)
Check out all these amazing features:
- Preset, original music, composed in collaboration with a renowned sound therapist, engages and awakens the mind
- Sound vibration envelops the body and encourages your breath and heart rate to synchronize with a slower rhythm
- Chromatherapy, a repeating sequence of soothing colored lights, is choreographed with music to provide a holistic approach to profound relaxations
- Generous, ergonomic bathing well allows you to float freely while feeling safe and secure
- Contoured head pocket allows bather to comfortably rest his or her neck
- Two Massaging pulse experience provides a more intensive physical vibration massage that can be varied to the desired level
Want an amazing home spa?
Contact me today to schedule an in-home consultation!
FINALLY! A “Color of the Year” that I can actually see myself working with! After a couple of years where the choice has left me saying “Really? REALLY???”, this bright, hot orange that flirts on the side of red has me really excited.
Pantone, the world’s leader in color prediction and theory, explains their selection:
“Sophisticated but at the same time dramatic and seductive, Tangerine Tango is an orange with a lot of depth to it,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “Reminiscent of the radiant shadings of a sunset, Tangerine Tango marries the vivaciousness and adrenaline rush of red with the friendliness and warmth of yellow, to form a high-visibility, magnetic hue that emanates heat and energy.”
“Energize interior spaces with Tangerine Tango patterned home accessories. Pillows, bedspreads and tabletop accessories in this high-impact hue add spice to any room. Or incorporate Tangerine Tango appliances and personal electronics for an unexpected pop of color. Looking for an inexpensive way to perk up your home? Paint a wall in Tangerine Tango for a dynamic burst of energy in the kitchen, entryway or hallway.”
While some color prediction sites have offered that pastels or soft color are the trend in 2012, this bold hue laughs in their face. Energy bursts from this color, attaching to all around. There is nothing neutral about this. It’s out there and proud.
Not everyone is ready to handle a large scale infusion of such a bold color. Here are some ways you can incorporate Tangerine Tango into your home without going overboard: